- Dayton Audio’s Ultimax Series DVC subwoofers are purpose-built to move air and create clean, articulate, fast bass. Experience the apex of subwoofer design.
- Thick, one-piece Nomex honeycomb covered cone with woven heavy-duty glass-fiber
- Tall-boy rubber surround for extra-long linear excursion without reducing cone surface area
- 600 watts RMS power handling
- Copper shorting rings and cap reduce distortion due to inductance variations
- Dual 2 ohm, 2-layer copper voice coils
- Large vented pole piece and under-spider venting
- Black anodized aluminum former and black pole improves heat dissipation
Dayton Audio UM12-22 12″ Ultimax DVC Subwoofer 2 ohms Per Coil
If you want outrageous amounts of bass, you gotta move some air
The Ultimax Series of dual voice coil subwoofers, from Dayton Audio, are not for the faint of heart. Built using the latest in subwoofer technology, Ultimax subwoofers are the pinnacle of low frequency driver design. An Ultimax subwoofer tests the strength of your foundation with fast, articulate, gut-wrenching bass.
The versatility you need for mobile, home, or pro subwoofer excellence
Dual 2 ohm voice coils allow for stereo 2 ohm and mono 1 ohm wiring configurations when connecting to high current car audio and professional audio amplifiers to extract maximum power. For home audio applications, simply wire the voice coils in series for a benign 4 ohm load for greater amplifier compatibility.
Built to produce massive low frequency output and keep on doing it
To improve power handling, increase thermal management, and reduce power compression, Dayton Audio designed the Ultimax Series with large black anodized formers and vented pole pieces, under-spider ventilation, and two-layer copper voice coils.
Over 1-1/2″ of travel (3/4″ Xmax) is kept completely linear through the use of dual spiders that also limit distortion and rocking modes. “Tall-boy” rubber surrounds with integrated gaskets maintain driver surface area during extreme excursion moments. Thick, one-piece Nomex honeycomb covered cones are covered with woven, heavy-duty glass fibers creating ultra-still cones that resist deformation.
A strong motor takes you to wherever you want to be
A large copper sleeve and copper pole cap in the motor reduce energy storage from inductance, with the side benefit of lowering distortion for “faster” response. Large dual-stacked, high-energy magnets handle the heavy lifting and bring Qts down to a level where Ultimax subwoofers can be used in vented or sealed cabinets and enclosures.
- Sealed 2.0 cubic ft. (net internal) with 1 lbs. of Acousta-Stuf polyfill, f3 of 36 Hz with a 0.707 Qtc alignment
- Vented 4.0 cubic ft. (net internal, not including driver or port volume) tuned to 20 Hz with a 10″ wide by 1.5″ high slot port that is 25″ long, which yields an f3 of 19 Hz
Note: All parameters derived with voice coils wired in series.
Nominal Diameter 12″ Power Handling (RMS) 600 Watts Power Handling (max) 1200 Watts Impedance 2+2 ohms Frequency Response 20 to 1,000 Hz Sensitivity 86.7 dB 2.83V/1m Voice Coil Diameter 2.5″
Resonant Frequency (Fs) 26.2 Hz DC Resistance (Re) 3.2 ohms Voice Coil Inductance (Le) 1.25 mH Mechanical Q (Qms) 3.62 Electromagnetic Q (Qes) 0.71 Total Q (Qts) 0.59 Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas) 1.65 ft.³ Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms) 0.14 mm/N Diaphragm Mass Inc. Airload (Mms) 270g Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax) 19 mm Surface Area of Cone (Sd) 490.9 cm²
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
Cone Material Nomex / Glass Fiber Surround Material Rubber Voice Coil Wire Material Copper Voice Coil Former Aluminum Basket / Frame Material Cast Aluminum Magnet Material Ferrite
Overall Outside Diameter 12.38″ Baffle Cutout Diameter 11.22″ Depth 6.22″ Bolt Circle Diameter 11.69″ # Mounting Holes 8
OPTIMUM CABINET SIZE (DETERMINED USING BASSBOX 6 PRO HIGH FIDELITY SUGGESTION)
Sealed Volume 2.8 ft.³ Sealed F3 34 Hz Vented Volume 5.58 ft.³ Vented F3 17 Hz