- The Dayton Audio Reference Series subwoofers take the quality and performance of the much acclaimed RS line into the subwoofer realm. The black anodized cone, rubber surround, and custom basket give this driver a unique, high-end look.
- Extensively vented motor eliminates compression and allows quiet excursion
- Extra-thick black anodized aluminum cone for maximum rigidity
- Triple shorting ring motor for ultra-low distortion
- 4-layer coil for high power handling
- Optimized parameters for relatively small enclosures
- Highest quality materials throughout for long-lasting performance
Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 18″ Reference HO Subwoofer 4 ohm
The Dayton Audio Reference Series subwoofers take the quality and performance of the much acclaimed RS line into the subwoofer realm. As with the rest of the Reference Series, the main focus of these subwoofers is ultra-low-distortion. Second, third, and intemodulation distortion are kept extremely low by utilizing three short-circuit paths within the motor structure. A durable aramid fiber spider and extensive venting throughout provide quiet and uniform excursion. The black anodized cone, rubber surround, and custom basket give this driver a unique, high-end look.
Nominal Diameter 18″ Power Handling (RMS) 900 Watts Power Handling (max) 1800 Watts Impedance 4 ohms Frequency Response 20 to 500 Hz Sensitivity 93 dB 2.83V/1m Voice Coil Diameter 3″
Resonant Frequency (Fs) 18.8 Hz DC Resistance (Re) 3.2 ohms Voice Coil Inductance (Le) 2.24 mH Mechanical Q (Qms) 4.05 Electromagnetic Q (Qes) 0.35 Total Q (Qts) 0.32 Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas) 9.61 ft.³ Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms) 0.14 mm/N BL Product (BL) 23.4 Tm Diaphragm Mass Inc. Airload (Mms) 499g Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax) 12.75 mm Surface Area of Cone (Sd) 1164 cm²
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
Cone Material Aluminum Surround Material Rubber Voice Coil Wire Material Copper Voice Coil Former Aluminum Basket / Frame Material Cast Aluminum Magnet Material Ferrite
Overall Outside Diameter 18.179″ Baffle Cutout Diameter 16.69″ Depth 8.94″ # Mounting Holes 8
OPTIMUM CABINET SIZE (DETERMINED USING BASSBOX 6 PRO HIGH FIDELITY SUGGESTION)
Sealed Volume 3.04 ft.³ Sealed F3 40 Hz Vented Volume 7.5 ft.³ Vented F3 23 Hz