- Engineered to provide high-volume, low-distortion bass in larger rooms and other highly demanding applications, the Dayton Audio RSS390HF-4 15″ Reference Series subwoofer speaker offers the perfect combination of high definition sound quality and low frequency impact.
- Extensively vented motor eliminates compression and allows quiet excursion
- Lightweight black anodized aluminum cone for rigidity and lower moving mass
- Triple shorting ring motor for ultra-low distortion
- 2-layer coil for reduced back EMF
- Suitable for sealed or vented enclosures
- Highest quality materials throughout for long-lasting performance
Dayton Audio RSS390HF-4 15″ Reference HF Subwoofer 4 Ohm
The Dayton Audio Reference Series RSS390HF-4 15″ speakers take the quality and performance of the much acclaimed RS line into the subwoofer realm. As with the rest of the Reference Series, the main focus of these subwoofers is ultra-low-distortion. Second, third, and intemodulation distortion are kept extremely low by utilizing three magnetic short-circuit paths within the motor structure. A durable aramid fiber spider and extensive venting throughout provide quiet and uniform excursion. The black anodized cone, rubber surround, and custom basket give this driver a unique, high-end look. Choose the high fidelity version for home systems when you are looking for clean, low bass and are not restricted by cabinet size.
Nominal Diameter 15″ Power Handling (RMS) 500 Watts Power Handling (max) 1000 Watts Impedance 4 ohms Frequency Response 18 to 800 Hz Sensitivity 91.2 dB 2.83V/1m Voice Coil Diameter 2.5″ Magnet Weight 150 oz.
Resonant Frequency (Fs) 19.5 Hz DC Resistance (Re) 3 ohms Voice Coil Inductance (Le) 0.92 mH Mechanical Q (Qms) 3.02 Electromagnetic Q (Qes) 0.50 Total Q (Qts) 0.43 Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas) 7.49 ft.³ Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms) 0.22 mm/N BL Product (BL) 15 Tm Diaphragm Mass Inc. Airload (Mms) 306g Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax) 14 mm Surface Area of Cone (Sd) 829.6 cm²
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
Cone Material Aluminum Surround Material Rubber Voice Coil Wire Material Copper Voice Coil Former Aluminum Basket / Frame Material Cast Aluminum Magnet Material Ferrite
Overall Outside Diameter 15.29″ Baffle Cutout Diameter 14.01″ Depth 7.01″ # Mounting Holes 8
OPTIMUM CABINET SIZE (DETERMINED USING BASSBOX 6 PRO HIGH FIDELITY SUGGESTION)
Sealed Volume 2.88 ft.³ Sealed F3 37 Hz Vented Volume 8.96 ft.³ Vented F3 21 Hz