- The Dayton Audio Reference Series subwoofers take the quality and performance of the much acclaimed RS line into the subwoofer realm. As with the rest of the Reference Series, the main focus of these subwoofers is ultra-low-distortion.
- Dual 4 ohm voice coils
- Extensively vented motor eliminates compression and allows quiet excursion
- Extra-thick black anodized aluminum cone for maximum rigidity
- Triple shorting-ring motor for ultra-low distortion
- 4-layer coil for high power handling
- Parameters optimized for small enclosures
- Highest quality materials throughout for long-lasting performance
Dayton Audio RSS315HO-44 12″ Reference HO DVC Subwoofer
The Dayton Audio Reference Series subwoofers take the quality and performance of the much acclaimed RS line into the subwoofer realm. As with the rest of the Reference Series, the main focus of these subwoofers is ultra-low-distortion. Second, third, and intermodulation distortion are kept extremely low by utilizing three short-circuit paths within the motor structure. A durable aramid fiber spider and extensive venting throughout provide quiet and uniform excursion. The black anodized cone, rubber surround, and custom basket give this driver a unique, high-end look. The High Output (HO) drivers are optimized for automotive applications and equalized high-power home subwoofers.
Nominal Diameter 12″ Power Handling (RMS) 700 Watts Power Handling (max) 1400 Watts Impedance 4+4 ohms Frequency Response 20 to 500 Hz Sensitivity 84.6 dB 2.83V/1m Voice Coil Diameter 2.58″ Magnet Weight 150 oz.
Resonant Frequency (Fs) 21.5 Hz DC Resistance (Re) 6.5 ohms Voice Coil Inductance (Le) 3.17 mH Mechanical Q (Qms) 3.70 Electromagnetic Q (Qes) 0.41 Total Q (Qts) 0.37 Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas) 2.165 ft.³ Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms) 0.17 mm/N BL Product (BL) 26.5 Tm Diaphragm Mass Inc. Airload (Mms) 327.7g Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax) 14 mm Surface Area of Cone (Sd) 507.1 cm²
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
Cone Material Aluminum Surround Material Rubber Voice Coil Wire Material Copper Voice Coil Former Aluminum Basket / Frame Material Steel Magnet Material Ferrite
Overall Outside Diameter 12.36″ Baffle Cutout Diameter 11.1″ Depth 5.75″ # Mounting Holes 8
OPTIMUM CABINET SIZE (DETERMINED USING BASSBOX 6 PRO HIGH FIDELITY SUGGESTION)
Sealed Volume 0.49 ft.³ Sealed F3 47 Hz Vented Volume 1.36 ft.³ Vented F3 27 Hz