- Dayton Audio’s RSS315-PR 12″ passive radiator is the ideal choice for tuning small enclosures lower than possible with a conventional port. With a thick aluminum cone, cast frame, rubber surround, and incredible excursion capabilities (52 mm peak to peak) this radiator is perfect for today’s high excursion subwoofers.
- SMS™ (Sandwich Mass System) permits greater linearity by minimizing angular torque
- Durable yet compliant suspension provides substantial linear travel and mechanical stability
- Rigid cast aluminum frame with thick black anodized aluminum cone
- Threaded rod with lock nut for easy adjustment of tuning frequency
- Includes six 75 gram weighted disks for simple tuning adjustment
- Cosmetically identical to the popular Reference Series subwoofer lines
Dayton Audio RSS315-PR 12″ Aluminum Cone Passive Radiator
We are proud to offer our customers a complete line of Dayton Audio Reference Series passive radiators. These high quality, well-engineered passive radiators are carefully constructed using the same rigid anodized aluminum cone and cast frame as Dayton Audio’s world renowned Reference Series subwoofers, making them visually identical and a perfect match to the very popular line of drivers.
Each passive radiator employs the unique SMS™ (Sandwiched Mass Structure) design which keeps the majority of the mass centered between the surround and spider providing greater linearity by minimizing angular torque. These passives are also tunable using the included weights with the bolt-on mass adjustment assembly, making them easily integrated into virtually any subwoofer design.
The RSS315-PR 12″ passive radiator includes:
(1) Passive radiator
(6) 75 gram disk weights
(1) wing nut (for tuning)
(1) lock nut (for final assembly)
Specifications: • Fs: 21 Hz • Vas: 2.79 cu. ft. (78.9 liters) • Qms: 4.79 • Cms: 0.22 mm/N • Mms: 300g • Rms: 7.77 kg/s • Sd: 506.7 sq. cm. • Xmech: 26 mm • Dimensions: Overall diameter: 12.36″, Cutout diameter: 11.10″, Depth: 3.43″.
Note: Parameters above are for the passive only with no additional mass added. Parameters with additional mass added are listed in the table below.
Tip: As a general rule, the passive radiator(s) should have at least double the displacement of air (Vd) as the active woofer(s)/subwoofer(s) in the system.
To calculate Vd: Sd x Xmax = Vd
Nominal Diameter 12″
Resonant Frequency (Fs) 21 Hz Mechanical Q (Qms) 4.79 Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas) 2.79 ft.³ Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms) 0.22 mm/N Diaphragm Mass Inc. Airload (Mms) 300g Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax) 26 mm Surface Area of Cone (Sd) 506.7 cm²
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
Cone Material Aluminum Surround Material Rubber Basket / Frame Material Cast Aluminum
Overall Outside Diameter 12.36″ Cutout Diameter 11.10″ Depth 3.43″ # Mounting Holes 8