- At a depth of less than 4″, Dayton Audio’s LS12-44 12″ low profile subwoofer fits into shallow spaces that ordinary subs wouldn’t dream of attempting! Dual 2″ 4 ohm coils provide flexible wiring, while the flat cone and innovative suspension support 10 mm of Xmax!
- Innovative low-profile subwoofer — less than 4″ thick!
- 10 mm Xmax for uncompromised bass performance
- Dual 4 ohm voice coils, 6 layers total, for high BL force and multiple wiring options
- Rigid flat honeycomb fiberglass cone maintains its integrity under severe conditions
- Low distortion ferrite motor with dual aluminum shorting rings keeps the bass clean and powerful
- Balanced rubber double-roll surround design improves stability and control
Dayton Audio LS12-44 12″ Low Profile Subwoofer Dual 4 Ohm
Back with a new and improved design, Dayton Audio’s shallow subwoofers let you put more bass into less space! The new LS12-44 Low Profile Subwoofer from Dayton Audio provides over 10 mm of controlled excursion, for bass that hits hard and goes deep — even in places ordinary subwoofers just won’t fit! These drivers are perfect for installation in walls, floors, and ceilings, or in limited-clearance automotive applications like the narrow space behind pickup truck seats. They might even fit under your chair or behind your sofa!
Innovative design makes the shallow form factor of the LS Series low profile subwoofers possible. A flat, rigid piston made of aluminum honeycomb with glass fiber skins replaces the conventional cone of most subwoofers, and a balanced double-roll surround design maximizes the stability of the moving structure, even at high excursion, preventing mechanical noise. The motor assembly is optimized for symmetrical motion and low distortion, featuring dual heavy-gauge aluminum shorting rings for low inductance and fast, impactful bass. Lastly, a 6-layer dual voice coil ensures maximum available force from the compact motor, which features high-grade ceramic ferrite magnetic material, and enables 2 ohm or 8 ohm wiring.
Nothing has been sacrificed in creating these truly next-generation shallow subwoofers, capable of over 10 mm of linear excursion form an ultra-slim package. Trust the LS Series subwoofer drivers to deliver years of rugged, long-lasting enjoyment, wherever you install them. Wherever you would like to add more bass, Dayton Audio has you covered.
Note: All parameters derived with voice coils wired in series.
Nominal Diameter 12″ Power Handling (RMS) 250 Watts Power Handling (max) 500 Watts Impedance 4+4 ohms Frequency Response 28 to 300 Hz Sensitivity 88 dB 2.83V/1m Voice Coil Diameter 2″
Resonant Frequency (Fs) 33.7 Hz DC Resistance (Re) 7.5 ohms Voice Coil Inductance (Le) 5.34 mH Mechanical Q (Qms) 4.94 Electromagnetic Q (Qes) 0.56 Total Q (Qts) 0.51 Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas) 1.99 ft.³ Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms) 0.13 mm/N BL Product (BL) 21.7 Tm Diaphragm Mass Inc. Airload (Mms) 166g Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax) 10 mm Surface Area of Cone (Sd) 547.3 cm²
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
Cone Material Fiberglass Surround Material Rubber Basket / Frame Material Cast Aluminum Magnet Material Ferrite
Overall Outside Diameter 12.375″ Baffle Cutout Diameter 11.125″ Depth 4″ Bolt Circle Diameter 11.75″ # Mounting Holes 8
OPTIMUM CABINET SIZE (DETERMINED USING BASSBOX 6 PRO HIGH FIDELITY SUGGESTION)
Sealed Volume 1.3 ft.³ Sealed F3 53 Hz Vented Volume 3 ft.³ Vented F3 25 Hz