Replace or add an external antenna to your Bluetooth device or project. It adds distance and enables you to mount your Bluetooth chip or Bluetooth audio boards inside metal enclosures.
- Antenna mounting socket includes 3-1/2″ pigtail for versatility
- Connector on pigtail mounts to PC boards with I-pex compatible sockets
- Antenna chassis socket with center prong SMA connector requires 1/4″ hole
- Brass gold plated SMA connectors for best conductivity
- Right angle 2″ long rubber antenna with common center female socket SMA connector
- Includes gold plated mounting hardware
External Bluetooth Antenna Kit
Replace a broken or missing Bluetooth antenna with this Bluetooth antenna kit. The 2″ right angle rubber antenna fits into SMA male prong antenna sockets on most Bluetooth audio amplifiers, dongles, and other Bluetooth transmit/receive devices.
This kit is the answer for those Bluetooth projects that require a metal enclosure. Metal enclosures work great for blocking out, or keeping in RF interference. Start by drilling a small 1/4″ hole for the gold plated SMA socket into the metal enclosure and use the included hardware to secure the socket. Next snap the I-pex compatible connector at the end 3-1/2″ pigtail into the I-pex socket on the PC board. If the PC board doesn’t have this connector, cut the connector off the pigtail and solder it directly to the antenna terminal trace. Screw the rubber antenna into the SMA socket and you now have Bluetooth receive/transmit capability even though your board is surrounded by metal.
Specifications: â€¢ Antenna connector: SMA â€¢ Pigtail: 3-1/2″ (90 mm) with I-pex center female socket â€¢ Material: Gold plated brass â€¢ Cable ohms: 50 â€¢ Mounting hole required: 1/4″ â€¢ Mounting thickness: Up to 1/4″ â€¢ Rubber antenna: 2″ right angle with center female socket.